Saturday, January 4, 2014

Beautiful silence...or is it?

Some days it seems like I wait all day to put these girls to bed and get just a moment of silence to myself. Then It happens and I enjoy it for only a few minutes before I start to miss them so much that I want to wake them up just to snuggle them.

 I wonder if this is normal or the result of wanting a baby for so long and having to wait, worry and give up hope before being so lucky to have them...? I don't really know. I am long past graduated from infertility, yet I think it still affects every thing we do in our lives. It seeps into every interaction I have with my babies- I cuddle them a little longer, kiss them a little more often, spoil them a tiny bit more rotten, and cherish them more than I would have if becoming a mother had come more easily to me. I guess tonight I am just feeling so lucky to be here where I am when there are so many women still fighting for this feeling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment